Remember: before applying any of these methods, perform a test in a hidden and small place. With any carpet cleaning product you use, be sure always to read and follow the instructions.
Carpet cleaning tips: remove stubborn stains and odors.
When it comes to carpet cleaning, the simple use of soap and water is not enough, especially if it is difficult stains, deep smells or dirt and dust accumulated for months.
To deal with stains and dirt, it is worth looking for a product specially designed to clean carpets and choose a carpet soap powder instead of a liquid one. Liquid soap may take hours to dry, and you will not be able to be in the room until it is ready. Powdered products act faster and do a good job.
Natural products for carpet cleaning
In case you prefer natural products for carpet cleaning, there are some basic elements that you will surely have in the kitchen, and that can achieve wonders. Most people have heard about the use of mineral water or tonic water to counteract coffee stains, but baking soda is also a good alternative to remove dirt or absorb stains. In addition, sodium bicarbonate absorbs unpleasant odors that hide between the fibers of the carpet.
Carpet cleaning tips
Whether you choose a carpet cleaning powder or baking soda, this is the best method you can follow:
- Sprinkle generously on the carpets.
- Let the powder rest for at least 30 minutes, but if you can leave it overnight, it is better, as this will give the cleaner the opportunity to work and soften stains and odors.
- Vacuum the dusted areas.
- If you really are having trouble cleaning your carpets then you can always hire a professional carpet cleaning company. Sure, it’s going to cost you more but you will have the peace of mind knowing that the job will get done right.
How to use carpet cleaning liquid detergent
Liquid detergent is another popular way to clean carpets, and the steps we recommend are:
- Use the solution as indicated on the package. In many cases, you will have to dilute the product in water.
- Use only enough liquid detergent to cover the area. It is always recommended to test the product in a poorly visible area before application.
- Do not wet the carpet too much: it is not only a product waste, but it will also increase the drying time.
- Rub particularly hard areas with a hard bristle brush.
- Let the carpet dry.
- It will vacuum the soap once it has dried.
- Practical tips for stains in general
Let the carpet cleaner work overnight, if possible. Use only the necessary amount of liquid soap to cover the stain; minimize drying time. Mix vinegar with warm water in equal parts to effectively eliminate odors from the carpet. Any of these products must be tested in a poorly visible area before being applied to the entire surface.
Thanks for reading. You might also want to read this post for more carpet cleaning tips. Our article just scratched the surface of what’s possible.…